Do you know which state in Nigeria has the most primary schools? According to statista.com, Lagos is the state that has the most number of primary schools in Nigeria as of the school year 2018/2019 with the total number of 14,647 primary schools.
But the question is this:
Is Lagos state still the state that has the most primary schools in Nigeria as of 2023?
There are 36 states in Nigeria and each of these states has good number of primary schools where kids are trained to become better people in life.
Before we continue, let’s talk about what primary school in Nigeria is just for a better understanding.
What is Primary School in Nigeria?
Primary school in Nigeria is the next stage of formal education for children after completing nursery education. It caters to students between the ages of 6 and 12. The course includes subjects like English, Mathematics, Basic Science, and Social Studies. Pupils undergo six years of study, from Primary 1 to Primary 6. Upon completion, they take the Common Entrance Examination to enter secondary school.
This is a simple definition of primary school in Nigeria in just 5 sentences.
Now, let’s go straight to the point.
Also read these interesting articles:
- Berea primary school fees 2023
- 10 reasons why private schools are better than public schools
- Best primary school in Portharcourt
- 5 simple debate topics for primary school
- Primary school fees in Nigeria
- Small home daycare setup in living room
- How to decorate a daycare classroom
- Top school management software in Nigeria
- Why is school management software important
- Primary schools in Nigeria
Which State in Nigeria has the most Primary Schools in 2023?
The fact still remains that Lagos state is still the state that has the most primary schools in Nigeria 2023. It is one of the states that are popular in Nigeria and most populated too. In fact, let’s see some of the reasons why Lagos state has the most number of primary schools in Nigeria.
5 Reasons Why Lagos has the most number of Primary Schools in Nigeria
- Lagos has the most people in Nigeria, so more schools are needed.
- Many families move to Lagos for work, and they need schools for their kids.
- The city is growing fast, so more and more schools are being built.
- People in Lagos really care about education, so they build good number of schools.
- There are people from different countries who live in Lagos, and they also need schools for their children.
The 36 states in Nigeria have good number of schools but Lagos state has the most primary schools. If you read top 100 primary schools in Nigeria, you’ll see that most of the schools are located in Lagos.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article, kindly like and share this article on social media.
If you are new here, subscribe to safekidscare.com via the email subscription form on the website to receive future updates from safe kids care.
Below are other interesting articles other people are reading right now: